Wednesday 9 March 2011

Val Thompson Governor Visit

I visited the school on Thursday 17th February 2011 in my role as community governor. As I am a newly appointed governor this visit had been organised to let me see as much as possible of the school.
I managed to see most of the year groups apart from the nursery classes. I found an active working environment with the children fully engaged in their activities. The staff work very hard to provide excellent learning experiences and I saw a range of lessons including music, maths and painting.
A special assembly took place during my visit, a representative from the chosen charity of the year, NSPCC, came to tell the children that their fund raising had totalled over £2000. It was very interesting to find out how the money would be used to both help children and to train adults to help in the future.
I joined the children for lunch at the end of my visit and enjoyed the calm and polite way everyone made the most of the mid day break.
I would like to thank all of the staff and children for making me feel so welcome during my visit.

No comments: